Friday, June 22, 2012

"If they decide [the Obamacare case] by 5-4, then yes, it’s disheartening to me, because my life was a fraud. ..."

"...Here I was, in my silly little office, thinking law mattered, and it really didn’t. What mattered was politics, money, party, and party loyalty."

That's Yale Law Professor Akhil Reed Amar, emoting (perhaps sarcastically?) about the possibility that the Supreme Court will find the individual mandate to be beyond Congress's power under the Commerce Clause.

This gives me something to be thankful for: whichever way the Supreme Court decides the Obamacare case, my life will not be rendered a fraud. This is one of the advantages, I guess, of actually practicing law instead of sitting around thinking about it all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 30 days are moderated because almost all of those comments are spam.