Sunday, October 24, 2010

"There is widespread recognition, across the political and ideological spectrum, that the United States is over-criminalized, and that over-criminalization poses serious threats to our liberties, our values, and our prosperity. With recognition and examination of this problem, it is now time to move to the next level – developing solutions."

That's from the description of a symposium held last week in D.C. called "Overcriminalization 2.0."  This alleged consensus is news to me, but I guess I'm part of it.

By the way, I'm guessing that "Overcriminalization 1.0" was a bit of a failure.

2 comments:

  1. I think this needs to go under the label "Extremely long post titles."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Customer service is job number one at the Gillette-Torvik Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 30 days are moderated because almost all of those comments are spam.