Monday, July 12, 2010

Apple iTunes Software License

Since I'm drafting some contracts these days, I'm paying more attention to the fine print in various licenses and contracts that occasionally pop up on my computer. Today iTunes decided that it wanted me agree to a new license -- I think it was trying to auto-install an update, even though I don't use iTunes on this computer. I took a look at the software license, and was amused to read the following, in the paragraph about appropriate uses of the software:

THE APPLE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 30 days are moderated because almost all of those comments are spam.