Saturday, December 15, 2012

The grim satisfaction of being correct.

I emailed Mr. Torvik yesterday that I expected to see some fool on TV arguing that the problem with massacres like yesterday is that the adults at the school were unarmed.  TV did not disappoint.

Late yesterday I got a bellicose email from another attorney about a case.  This struck me as wildly inappropriate given the events of the day.  I am pretty sure the Minnesota legal community shut down on September 11, 2001, and it seemed like legal wrangling could have waited until Monday.  But then it occurred to me that if the lawyer had held off on his email, it would requires engaging in some sort of macabre calculus over how many people have to die in a senseless tragedy.

What do you think Mr. Torvik, should lawyers go about business as usual on days like yesterday?

2 comments:

  1. I think life should go on barring carastophic acts of war like Pearl Harbor and 9/11. Whether life really ever calls for a bellicose email between lawyers is another question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a lawyer has to rattle the saber.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 30 days are moderated because almost all of those comments are spam.